The UNCC Annual Art & Culture Festival 2018
We bring you warm greetings from Uganda National Cultural Centre (UNCC) commonly known as the National Theatre.
In efforts to execute our mandate, UNCC will host a first edition of a 2days Art and Culture festival under the theme “EMPLOYMENT CREATION FOR WOMEN AND YOUTH THROUGH ART AND CULTURE”. The event will run from 3RD – 4TH NOVEMBER 2018 starting 08:00am – 11:30pm
The main objective of this festival is to bring together all Art and culture loving Ugandans to celebrate their rich culture every year. The specific objectives are;
• To create a platform for Art and Culture lovers to showcase their works
• To create an environment for the youth and women to learn the different Art and Cultures
• To create an opportunity for women and the youth to sell their products and earn from them.
The festival has been put together with participation of key stakeholders such as Cultural Leaders, Artists, Schools and the general public.
The first edition of 2018 will feature among others:
• Susan Kerunen, Jackie Akello, Levixone, Undercover Brothers, Sammy Kasule, Jamal, Sophie Gombya, Angela Kasule, Lily Kadima and Pride Performers.
• Also featuring presentations from Inzu ya Bamasaba cultural group, Ker Kwer Acholi cultural group, Batwa cultural group, House of Talent (HOT), the Volcano Safaris from Kisoro & Tooro Kingdom cultural group.
• Symposium, exhibitions, stage plays, film, workshops (music, dance, playwriting, Theatre, marketing etc) and live bands.
Among the FACILITATORS we have;
• Dr. Lawrence Blanco Ssekalega Lecturer, Department of Performing Arts and Film – Makerere University, to facilitate the music workshop,
• Salongo Eric Jemba Lutaaya Ass. Lecturer Department of Performing Arts and Film – Makerere University, to facilitate the dance workshop,
• Mr. Samuel Niiwo – Founder and Executive Director Uganda National Entrepreneurship Development Institute, to give the key note Address at the Symposium
• Ms. Stella Wadiru Ass. Lecturer Department of Performing Arts Kyambogo University, to be the discussant at the symposium.
Preparatory meeting are on every Tuesday 02:00pm accept this Tuesday due to the fact that it is INDEPENDENCE DAY. Therefore our preparatory meeting will take place on Wednesday 10th October 2018 at 02:00pm in the boardroom.
Please feel free to contact the people below depending on your area of interest and or how you would like to participate.
1. Chairperson Organising Committee: Francis Peter Ojede/Mark Matsiko 0782265798
2. Performances/Entertainment Committee – Edwin Mukalazi/Suzan Kerunen 0772593180
3. Symposium Committee – Dr. Michael Muhuumuza 0774479051
4. Exhibition Committee – Franco Kayiira/Wadimba Edward 0782383792
5. Resource Mobilisation Committee – Williams Opio/ Collins 0752402632
6. Marketing and Publicity – Carol Wawira/Robert Musiitwa 0772266933
We call upon everyone to join us as in our preparatory meetings and to participate.
Dates: 3rd & 4th November 2018
Time: 08:00am – 11:30pm
Venue: UNCC- The National Theatre
Entry fee: UGX 2000 per day.